Winning Progressive blackjack
Progressive Blackjack is based on classical blackjack and offers high winning odds to the players due to the fact the players can make an extra $1 Progressive bet and occasionally win a jackpot.
Progressive blackjack rules and strategy
The overall process of the game corresponds to the basic rules for blackjack. Progressive blackjack is played with 4 or 8 decks of 52 cards shuffled after each game, with five playing positions at a semicircular table. Each player can play up to five hands at a time.
- The players make their bets and receive two cards each. The dealer receives one face-up card and one face-down card. According to his or her total hand value the player makes a decision: Hit, Stand, Double or Split.
- In case the player's (or dealer's) initial hand is composed of an Ace (counted as 11) and a 10-valued card, it is "blackjack" (or "natural"). "Blackjack" is paid out at 3 to 2.
- There is an opportunity to place an additional Insurance bet in case the dealer's face-up card is an Ace or a 10-valued card. The bet wins when the dealer gets "natural blackjack" (though the original bets are lost) and is paid at 2 to 1. If the blackjack insurance bet is lost, the player still preserves the original bet.
- After the players have made their decisions, the dealer plays his or her hand. The objective of the game is to reach a total hand value higher than that of the dealer's without busting (exceeding 21 points). All winning bets except "natural blackjack" are paid even money.
- The dealer is supposed to stand on "Soft 17" - a hand including an Ace counted as 11 and a six. This is a favorable rule for the players as it actually helps reduce the house edge by about 0.2%.
- If the player gets a pair of cards, he or she may choose to split it. Split Aces combined with a 10-valued card do not count as a "blackjack" but are treated as a usual 21-valued hand. Only one additional card can be drawn to each of the split Aces. No re-splitting is allowed.
- It is possible to double on 9-, 10- or 11-valued hands.
- Playing Hard Hand one should always hit on total of 5 to 8 whatever the dealer's face-up card and stand on 17 and higher irrespective of the dealer's card. It is also recommended to always stand on "Soft 19" and more.
To win Progressive blackjack jackpot, the players are supposed to make an additional $1 Progressive bet on any hand prior to the beginning of the game. The bet is made right above the player's original bet. Progressive bets win if the player is dealt one Ace or more. The payouts are made according to the number, color and suit of Aces in the player's hand:
- With a single Ace the player is paid even money - $1 for a $1 bet.
- For two Aces of different suit or color the player receives $5 payout.
- For two same color Aces the payout is $10.
- For two Aces of the same suit the player is paid $50.
- Three Aces of different suit and color bring $100 payout.
- Three Aces of the same color are paid $250.
- Four Aces of different color and suit are paid $1,500.
- The payout for three suited Aces is $2,500.
- Four Aces of the same color bring Jackpot.